Hydrographic workflow

12-29-2019 09:57 AM
AndrewWalker3
New Contributor II

Hello all.

Can someone recommend a workflow for storing viewing and sharing Hydrographic data?

We have a lot of data and would like to do more with it.

I have maybe 10+ different surveys of small areas across an island spanning 100km.

The inputs are xyz data points.

I have arcpro, spatial and 3d analyst.

Any tips for how to store and visualise this data? Should I use a geodatabase or feature data sets or terrains? 

I don't really need to so much with it other than view, occasional volume surface, contours, hillshade etc. Though would be great if I could share it so users in the field could view easily. 

Any guidance would be great.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HenkKaaij__van_der
New Contributor II

Are the data points an export from a raster/grid, a so called regulair data points of for example 1 meter separation? Or a the data point a all points validated export? This is important for the process which has to follow.

0 Kudos
AndrewWalker3
New Contributor II

At the moment they are not on a grid. 

But if the reason is compelling to work with gridded data then we could i guess quite easily export points on a grid.

To be honest i have both versions.

1) all data - irregular.

2) binned to a cell of 0.1m 

0 Kudos
HenkKaaij__van_der
New Contributor II

That's clear. Do you also use some quality control on the data to verify if the data comply to the international (IHO) or local (for example Dutch) standards?

I have a workflow for you but this is in Dutch and it also include a quality control of the data to the Dutch hydrographic standards. I need to translate this into English so you can use it. There are also Python scripts available but these are also in the Dutch language.  

0 Kudos
AndrewWalker3
New Contributor II

Henk,

That would be great, I can try to translate to English. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
AndrewWalker3
New Contributor II

Hello henk.

Would it be possible to view an example workflow?

0 Kudos
HenkKaaij__van_der
New Contributor II

Do you have a email address where I can send the document to? The document is still in Dutch but if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

0 Kudos
soogoojon
New Contributor

Please send me also, my email 

survey.bksg@gmail.com 

Thanks!

0 Kudos