How to sum areas so each parcel Map ID is listed once with all its tree cover or stream area?

Jump to solution
07-15-2022 09:08 PM
MarkDoehnert
New Contributor II

Using ArcGIS Pro 3.0, I’m trying to determine the area of real property with tree cover and separately with water stream resource protection areas (RPAs).  I have a property file by Map ID number, and I have the tree cover and RPA geospatial files.

In the initial analyses, I’ve noted one property parcel can have one or more tree cover areas or even two separate resource protection areas.  Apparently when that happens, I get one Map ID in my table of results that can be listed two or more times, with differing areas. So I see two or more rows of data for same Map ID.

Question is, how can I do this analysis to get each Map ID to have the total all the tree cover areas or of all the RPA areas ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out Summary Statistics. You can use that to sum your output table values by Map ID, that way your output has each Map ID once.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out Summary Statistics. You can use that to sum your output table values by Map ID, that way your output has each Map ID once.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS