Select to view content in your preferred language

How to schedule a task to run when computer is logged off?

Jump to solution
09-18-2023 05:51 AM
Savannah2019
Regular Contributor

I have a model that I'd like to run every day. I scheduled a task to do just that, but I'm worried about days when I won't be here and my computer is logged off. How can I ensure that the model will run?

We manage arcgis pro licensing through arcgis online, if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Savannah2019 ,

Did you set up the model to run as documented here?

If so, you can open Windows Task Scheduler on the server, right-click the scheduled model > Properties and set to execute the task whether the user is logged in or not:

JakeSkinner_0-1695045489464.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

One option might be to convert the model to an ArcGIS Online notebook (this requires Python) and set up a scheduled task on there.

I say "might" because there could be some models that wouldn't work well as a notebook.  For example if your model relies on reading a multiuser database on your network (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle), obviously a notebook hosted in ArcGIS Online wouldn't have access to that resource.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Savannah2019 ,

Did you set up the model to run as documented here?

If so, you can open Windows Task Scheduler on the server, right-click the scheduled model > Properties and set to execute the task whether the user is logged in or not:

JakeSkinner_0-1695045489464.png

0 Kudos