How To: Rotate geographic features in a data frame but maintain the left to right position of annotations

Jump to solution
08-14-2019 04:11 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Is there a way to do this in ArcGIS Pro?

I may have missed the setting for this in ArcGIS Pro

How To: Rotate geographic features in a data frame but maintain the left to right position of annota... 

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

Presently the only way to do this would be through code - converting the geometry of the annotation to a point.

What is the workflow you're trying to achieve?  Would it be possible to do this through labeling?  We have an option on the map properties to specify whether to rotate the point and polygon labels when the map is rotated.

General label settings—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

thanks,

Wendy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John-

In ArcGIS Pro this setting exists as the Angle alignment property. You can choose to align symbols to the map instead of the display. This is a layer specific setting and not a general option applied to all layers.

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi Aaron

Thanks for the response - I think that Annotations are done slightly differently.

This is the settings I get for annotation symbology

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Wendy Harrison‌ Is there a way to do this in ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

I'll look into it

Wendy

WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

Presently the only way to do this would be through code - converting the geometry of the annotation to a point.

What is the workflow you're trying to achieve?  Would it be possible to do this through labeling?  We have an option on the map properties to specify whether to rotate the point and polygon labels when the map is rotated.

General label settings—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

thanks,

Wendy

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi Wendy the user wanted to use annotations to have more fine grain control over the label position etc..

If you have an example of the code that would be helpful

0 Kudos