Select to view content in your preferred language

How to reference a server layer in arcade

06-05-2024 10:25 AM
Labels (2)
NickAddison
New Contributor III

Building a Field Maps for a department that will record soil testing points. I'd like for this Field Maps to have the most recent parcel data (which is saved to an Enterprise Geodatabase in SQL Server); this way as the parcel layer is updated on the server, any queries against it will pull from the most recent version. However, I cannot call on the server-based layer via a calculation attribute rule.

Here is what I've tried:
var fsPIN = FeatureSetByName($datastore, "AC-ITVS-DB2\\AnsonCountyGIS.DBO.TaxParcels2021", ["PIN"]);

As well as: 
var fsPIN = FeatureSetByName($datastore, "AnsonCountyGIS.DBO.TaxParcels2021", ["PIN"]);

However, no matter what permeation I've tried, I cannot call forth the layer to query against. I keep getting "Invalid expression. Table no found . . ."

Where am I going wrong? Or am I thinking about this wrong? 

I thought about creating a replica of the parcel layer to be added to the file gdb, and then pushed out to Field Maps. But I'm the new (and lone) GIS person here, so I'm hesitant to enable versioning at this moment in case it has some unforeseen consequences on their current setup . . . 

0 Replies