Select to view content in your preferred language

How to make just one symbol show up in a legend?

Jump to solution
05-28-2024 03:18 PM
AprilWheeler
New Contributor II

I am trying to have just one dam symbol show up in this map, but this layer contains multiple symbols for different aspects of the data. Is there any way that I can just have one dam symbol for the purpose of my map? I have tried editing the legend but haven't had any luck. Is there any way to just screenshot the symbol and copy and paste it onto the legend?

Layer source (selected by certain rivers): https://services2.arcgis.com/FiaPA4ga0iQKduv3/arcgis/rest/services/NID_v1/FeatureServer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

From the symbology pane, choose “single symbol” and it will give all the data the same symbology. I would take a screen shot but I’m not in front of a computer right now. Here’s some ESRI documentation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

If you don't already have it in your styles, you can save one of the symbols so it is in your style, then change symbology from Unique Values to single symbol and select the saved symbol.

R_

AprilWheeler
New Contributor II

Thank you. I have managed to save the symbol, but am struggling to find where to change it from Unique Values to single symbol. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

From the symbology pane, choose “single symbol” and it will give all the data the same symbology. I would take a screen shot but I’m not in front of a computer right now. Here’s some ESRI documentation.