Select to view content in your preferred language

How to join "reference map" to other project?

Jump to solution
10-27-2021 03:17 AM
Labels (1)
NatáliaPirohová
Emerging Contributor

Hello all,

please, is there way how to use one symbolized "Map" in other projects just as a "reference" map?

I have many projects with the same group of data and I dont want to update every of the project, when it needs to update. I want to update (for example symbology or query) just in one of them and in others it will change automatically because there will be data just referenced.

Thanks a lot for your idea.

Naty

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Locally, @DanPatterson 's answer is the way to go, but you'll still run into the problem of needing to re-import the map every time you make updates to the "source" map.

If it's an option for you, you might consider sharing the map as a Web Map through AGOL or Portal. Pro will then notify you when updates have been made to the web map, making it easy to keep your projects in sync.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

perhaps Save a map file—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

there are other "share" options within the vicinity of that help topic

... sort of retired...
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Locally, @DanPatterson 's answer is the way to go, but you'll still run into the problem of needing to re-import the map every time you make updates to the "source" map.

If it's an option for you, you might consider sharing the map as a Web Map through AGOL or Portal. Pro will then notify you when updates have been made to the web map, making it easy to keep your projects in sync.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
NatáliaPirohová
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, in some cases it is convenient for me and I will use shared web map from the portal. But there are still cases where probably I will be forced to keep and update "the same group of data" in more projects for now. Hope it will change in the future and som way of "referenced map" will be available soon.

Thanks a lot,

Naty

0 Kudos