How to get geoprocessing tool to fail when a warning message is generated?

12-14-2022 03:07 AM
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am working on ArcGIS Pro 3.0, and I am trying to run a workflow (using Workflow Manager Server on ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.9.1) that runs a geoprocessing tool -- specifically 'Reconcile Versions' in data management toolbox -- automatically. The result I want to achieve is:

1. If a conflict is detected by this tool when run by workflow manager server, I would like the tool to fail its execution so that I can get the workflow to route based on the result "Fail" to another user to fix the conflict.
  2. If there are no conflicts detected, then the tool will have the result "Success" and the workflow ends.

Right now, the tool is able to detect that there is a conflict and does not reconcile and post the problematic branch version. However, workflow manager is reading it as a "Success" because the message that gets generated is only at "Warning" level and ArcGIS Pro interprets that the tool has ran successfully. This is not ideal as I am unable to configure the Workflow path logic to read the Warning message and treat it as a 'Failure'. 

reconcileandpostwarning.png

I was just wondering if it is possible to get a geoprocessing tool to fail its execution when a warning message is generated? 

Thanks all 

0 Kudos
0 Replies