Select to view content in your preferred language

How to fix "Failed to check sharing process status" error in ArcGIS Pro?

11-13-2018 08:34 AM
deleted-user-6BfL0t8OfNhj
New Contributor II

I am trying to publish layers to ArcGIS Online from ArcGIS Pro and every time to go to share the map as a web layer I receive the following error: "Failed to check sharing process status". I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm attempting to share the layers within my organization and that box is checked. Has anyone else experienced this same error?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Sam,

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? We've had a user report this issue and that they resolved it by upgrading to 2.2.3. Are you using the latest Pro version?

Have you been able to successfully publish in the past from this same machine? Anything change since then if so? Unfortunately, a lot of our cases with this error have been related to a bad Windows user profile or a bad install of the software. If you aren't using the latest version of Pro, I would upgrade and see if that resolves the issue.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Would you suggest they uninstall the current Pro version before installing the new version to minimize issues?

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I would first do an upgrade if not at the latest version to see what impact that has. But if they do want to uninstall and reinstall, then they can go through the process in Control Panel as they normally would. 

New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan,

I was using version 2.2.1 and then just now updated to 2.2.4 but I receive the same error. I uninstalled the third party add-ins I have, but that did not fix it either. I will try and uninstall the software and reinstalling to see if that fixes it.

I contacted ESRI support but they were unable to resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have Pro installed on another computer that you can test to see if the same issue is occurring, especially if the other computer never had the 3rd party add-ins installed?

Hi Sam,

Is the support case still open? Do you have a case #?

Let me know how the uninstall and reinstall goes. Are there any other users in your organization that use Pro and can successfully publish from their machines? If so, can you login to their machines with your Windows user and see if you still see this error or not? May help narrow things down a bit.

Jonathan

New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan,

I worked with ESRI Support and they helped me identify and solve the issue. Here is what worked for me:

I had to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro and renamed the "Staging" folder to "Staging_Old". From there I tried re-publishing in ArcGIS Pro and it worked this time. Re-publishing also created a new "Staging" folder in the above file path. 

Apparently the issue was that ArcGIS Pro could not access the old "Staging" folder. 

Hi Sam,

Great, glad that resolved the issue!

FedericaBono1
New Contributor

So glad I found this, this solved my problem!

0 Kudos