How to add a web style

Jump to solution
01-19-2021 08:47 AM
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi -

I shared a style as a "web style" here:

https://kirkktx2.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=6252a9f0a5714bdab41904ad686a3117

When I right click on the Styles folder in catalog, and choose "Add> Add Style", I'm presented with this dialog:

KirkKuykendall1_0-1611074165265.png

How do I add a url with this dialog?  (It seems like it's expecting a file, not a url.)

Thanks, Kirk

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amber_Support
Esri Contributor

Hello Kirk!

I was looking over the link you posted above and see this is style is coming from ArcGIS Online. In the documentation below there is a workflow listed on how you can add this style file directly from ArcGIS Online under the Add styles from ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise section: 

Hopefully this helps! 

Best,

Amber

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Amber_Support
Esri Contributor

Hello Kirk!

I was looking over the link you posted above and see this is style is coming from ArcGIS Online. In the documentation below there is a workflow listed on how you can add this style file directly from ArcGIS Online under the Add styles from ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise section: 

Hopefully this helps! 

Best,

Amber

0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Amber -

Cool!  

Just to confirm: if symbols in the web style are updated, the next time the user loads an aprx with a layer whose dictionary renderer references the web style the updated symbols should appear on the map, right?

Thanks, Kirk

Thanks, Kirk

0 Kudos