How do I transfer attributes between features in Pro?

Jump to solution
11-27-2017 10:41 AM
HeatherWidlund
Occasional Contributor

In ArcGIS Desktop, you can use the Attribute Transfer tool on the Spatial Adjustment toolbar to transfer attributes between any type of features, line to point, polygon to point, line to line, etc. I don't see an equivalent tool in Pro. The only thing I found was a Transfer Attributes tool in the Conflation toolbox which only does line features, and it seems to be for auto-transfer by search distance rather than a manual choice of features.I use this tool for copying attributes from a road layer into an address point layer (name, aliases, etc.) and from polygon layers to the address point layer (ESN, parcel ID). It needs to be manual so I can pick the right source feature.

Is this something that is coming, or that I missed in my searching? 

Thanks,
Heather

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Heather,

The attribute transfer tool isn't in Pro yet. Its coming in a future release.

You can try the copy/paste attributes functionality (context menu) in the editors attributes pane for now.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Heather,

The attribute transfer tool isn't in Pro yet. Its coming in a future release.

You can try the copy/paste attributes functionality (context menu) in the editors attributes pane for now.

HeatherWidlund
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Sean. Glad to know it is on the road map.

0 Kudos
MPC_KineticGIS_Department
Occasional Contributor

Is there an ETA yet? its been almost 2 years now?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

We updated Add Attribute Transfer Tool to Pro at 2.2.1  earlier this month!

0 Kudos
HeatherWidlund
Occasional Contributor

I can confirm that I see the Attribute Transfer tool in the Tools Gallery at 2.4 and you can transfer attributes between feature types. Thank you!

ArthurPoon
New Contributor III

Hi there, Is this the Transfer Attribute Tool to which you were referring?  To copy the attributes from one layer over to another?

ArthurPoon_1-1639818867391.png

Can you only transfer the attributes from 1 feature at  a time?  It says to click on the source feature in the map.  Is there any way to click multiple features from the source layer?

Thanks

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos