How do I combine multiple values

03-23-2020 07:25 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to combine these values attached in the screenshot.  So, for example, one route would have the combined route of 10A or 10B and total shape length from each value.  I have over 100 different routes to work and over 1000 values that look like this. Is there a tool that I can use or an easier way to figure this out so I don't have to do it manually? Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

If I'm understanding correctly, sounds like a good opportunity for the Summary Statistics tool.

Summary Statistics—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your response.  I had got done with talking with support and was successful.  We used the Create Routes tool and it gave me exactly what I needed.  I will remember the Summary Statistics tool in the future thank you for your help.

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Cool, good to know! I've never used the Create Routes tool, but will keep that in mind for future use as well. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos