Help Needed - Calculating Geometry in Current Environment

03-17-2022 02:40 PM
ASHAFFER
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

We have recently migrated to ArcPro 2.8. I published my editable feature services and my team was up and running. We then added attribute rules to our Branch Versioned DataBase and again were grooving along. We then made some additional modifications to the attribute rules. Now the ability to calculate geometry on ANY of our feature classes seems to throw an error. It works on Shapefiles and file GDBs, but seems to no longer work with our feature services. Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions on further troubleshooting? Just trying to add the X and Y in WGS84/Decimal Degrees. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BBicking1
Esri Contributor

Hello ASHAFFER,

see if Add XY Coordinates gets you there.

0 Kudos
ASHAFFER
New Contributor II

Unfortunately not. It seems that ADD XY Coordinates appends two new attribute fields to the feature class. We need to update X, Y, Centroid, Start and Stop of line, etc. in pre-existing fields. We previously calculated these with Attribute Assistant Rules. We have not come up with a way to do this in Attribute Rules (YET). Our workaround was that we were calculating them through Calculate Geometry Attributes for new features as they came in. We also have several integrated software systems, one of which relies on those coordinates to place workorders on the map.

ASHAFFER_0-1647558907544.png

ASHAFFER_1-1647558976917.png

0 Kudos
BBicking1
Esri Contributor

I didn't realize that you needed to update existing fields.
I've informed colleagues from the GDB Team re: Attribute Rules to take a look at your issue, 'cause it sounds like maybe the issue starts there.
Just as a thought for the meantime, see if you can run Check Geometry and get some info from there. If something materializes, be cautious before running Repair Geometry because it, like CalcGeometry, changes your input data.

0 Kudos
ASHAFFER
New Contributor II

Thanks Barbara! I'll give it a try!

0 Kudos
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Hey @ASHAFFER  

would you mind sharing the attribute rule script along side the error you get during execution?

thanks

0 Kudos
ASHAFFER
New Contributor II

Hi Hussein,

I will see if I can snag that for you and post here. Though I was recently informed that this is due to BUG-000137849 😞

0 Kudos