Help needed assigning downstream values

10-06-2021 03:30 PM
MichelleWard
New Contributor

Morning ESRI community, 

I'm having trouble assigning the closest 'sedimentation risk' value to every segment of the river that is 50km downstream. 

I have four files to work with:
1) SH_Network_GDB: this contains the original river network. It is a polyline file. 
2) RUSLERF_INT: this is the sedimentation model I built based on fire severity, rainfall, slope, etc. It is a raster. 
3) SH_Network_RUSLERF_0_V2: This is the spatial join between the river network and my RUSELRF model, to provide each segment of the river a sedimentation risk. It is a polyline file. 
4) SH_Network_50: This is polyline file which contains all rivers 50km away from the fires (both upstream and downstream). It is a polyline file. 

So in this below screenshot, we can see that this segment (HydroID: 2564302) has a grid code (sedimentation risk) of 26. The next downstream segment is HydroID: 2562619.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.40.31 am.png  Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.40.52 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.40.48 am.png

So then I would like to assign this next downstream segment (and every downstream segment for 50km), 'sedimentation risk'  26. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.41.11 am.png

Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the question Michelle, are you able to share what Esri product you are using so we can make sure this question finds the right experts in the community on this topic?

0 Kudos
MichelleWard
New Contributor

Thanks Louise. So I have access to ArcMap and ArcPro. 

0 Kudos
JohnHughson
New Contributor II

Some thoughts considering potential workflows:

- Raster calculator with the CON statement

- Extract value to point

-Add surface information (Add Surface Information (3D Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation)

0 Kudos