Having problems with new ArcGIS install - processor limitations?

Jump to solution
07-19-2015 09:56 PM
MichaelBarnes3
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm just trying to get ArcGIS installed on my laptop as I'll be using it a lot in the next few months for a uni project.

My laptop is quite old, but does meet the listed minimum requirements for the software. I have run the System Requirements Lab Analysis test and it passed with no worries. However, when I try to run the installation package I get an error message saying "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor".

I've attached a screen shot of the results of the test.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

- Mike

SRLAArcGIS.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

Were you running the ArcGIS Pro setup?  ArcGIS Pro is only supported on 64 bit systems.  It appears that you're attempting to install on a 32 bit operating system.

Here's a link to the  ArcGIS Pro system analyzer - does this report that your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for ArcGIS Pro?

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

Thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LaureneKoman

Were you running the ArcGIS Pro setup?  ArcGIS Pro is only supported on 64 bit systems.  It appears that you're attempting to install on a 32 bit operating system.

Here's a link to the  ArcGIS Pro system analyzer - does this report that your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for ArcGIS Pro?

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

Thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

MichaelBarnes3
New Contributor

Hi Laurene,

My system is definitely 32bit, so no doubt that is the problem.

Is there a way to install an older or lesser version of ArcGIS that will run on my relic of a laptop?
The main thing I need it to do is run Earth2Arc and use some point and vectors, so nothing too intensive 3d based or anything at this point.

Cheers,

- Mike

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman

When you say - is there an older version of ArcGIS - what specific product/setup do you mean?

For ArcGIS Pro - no, it was only released as a 64 bit application.

ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcReader, ArcEngine - all of those products can be installed on 32 bit systems.

MichaelBarnes3
New Contributor

Hi again Laurene,

I have installed ArcGIS for Desktop instead or ArcGIS Pro and it seems to be working, which is awesome.

Now I just need to investigate getting Arc2Earth installed and having both refer to the Uni licencing server.

Cheers,

- Mike

0 Kudos