Select to view content in your preferred language

Having problems with new ArcGIS install - processor limitations?

Jump to solution
07-19-2015 09:56 PM
MichaelBarnes3
Deactivated User

Hi everyone,

I'm just trying to get ArcGIS installed on my laptop as I'll be using it a lot in the next few months for a uni project.

My laptop is quite old, but does meet the listed minimum requirements for the software. I have run the System Requirements Lab Analysis test and it passed with no worries. However, when I try to run the installation package I get an error message saying "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor".

I've attached a screen shot of the results of the test.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

- Mike

SRLAArcGIS.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaureneKoman
Esri Contributor

Were you running the ArcGIS Pro setup?  ArcGIS Pro is only supported on 64 bit systems.  It appears that you're attempting to install on a 32 bit operating system.

Here's a link to the  ArcGIS Pro system analyzer - does this report that your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for ArcGIS Pro?

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

Thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LaureneKoman
Esri Contributor

Were you running the ArcGIS Pro setup?  ArcGIS Pro is only supported on 64 bit systems.  It appears that you're attempting to install on a 32 bit operating system.

Here's a link to the  ArcGIS Pro system analyzer - does this report that your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for ArcGIS Pro?

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

Thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

MichaelBarnes3
Deactivated User

Hi Laurene,

My system is definitely 32bit, so no doubt that is the problem.

Is there a way to install an older or lesser version of ArcGIS that will run on my relic of a laptop?
The main thing I need it to do is run Earth2Arc and use some point and vectors, so nothing too intensive 3d based or anything at this point.

Cheers,

- Mike

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman
Esri Contributor

When you say - is there an older version of ArcGIS - what specific product/setup do you mean?

For ArcGIS Pro - no, it was only released as a 64 bit application.

ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcReader, ArcEngine - all of those products can be installed on 32 bit systems.

MichaelBarnes3
Deactivated User

Hi again Laurene,

I have installed ArcGIS for Desktop instead or ArcGIS Pro and it seems to be working, which is awesome.

Now I just need to investigate getting Arc2Earth installed and having both refer to the Uni licencing server.

Cheers,

- Mike

0 Kudos