Select to view content in your preferred language

Graphics shift after being moved in 3.2.1

Jump to solution
01-18-2024 05:24 AM
RyanBarber1
New Contributor II

After the update to 3.2.1, I've noticed that when I convert labels with leader lines to graphics and move them around, they shift after I stop moving them (this happens whether I'm dragging the label via mouse, or using the keyboard arrows. They don't seem to move consistently in one direction- sometimes it's back to where they started, sometimes it's further in the direction I wanted to move it, and sometimes it's (roughly) perpendicular to those directions. The distance isn't consistent, either.

I've also noticed that the box around the graphic now encompasses the leader line anchor point, where it used to just be around the text. Not a huge issue, but I preferred it the other way.

This is making it difficult to place labels precisely, and it would be great if someone has a solution!

Edited to add that graphics will also sometimes jump around while I'm dragging them with the mouse.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks to be BUG-000163183 - "the callout leader line of a graphic moves to a random location."  It's in the Product Plan to be fixed but I do not have a date/release date.

You mentioned it was occuring after the 3.2.1 update.  One thing to try is uninstall the 3.2.1 update itself by going to "Programs and Features" in Windows.  In the Programs and Features window, top left, click "View installed updates" and uninstall the ArcGIS Pro 3.2 Patch 1 "patch" - then retry your worklow.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
RyanBarber1
New Contributor II

I searched for a similar post, but I guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks for the response!

Eugene_Adkins

👍 I was only able to find it because I knew it was there and I knew it was a bug. The large volume of posts and the lack of good tags makes it difficult to find topics that are actually related at times.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks to be BUG-000163183 - "the callout leader line of a graphic moves to a random location."  It's in the Product Plan to be fixed but I do not have a date/release date.

You mentioned it was occuring after the 3.2.1 update.  One thing to try is uninstall the 3.2.1 update itself by going to "Programs and Features" in Windows.  In the Programs and Features window, top left, click "View installed updates" and uninstall the ArcGIS Pro 3.2 Patch 1 "patch" - then retry your worklow.

RyanBarber1
New Contributor II

Alright, thanks!

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You bet Ryan!  If you feel my response or another response is correct, you can choose the Accept as Solution for that answer to close out this thread.  Have a great day!

0 Kudos
PaulJordan
New Contributor III

Well this is good to know.  Bug was driving me crazy!

HollyTorpey_LSA

Pretty sure it started at 3.2. I tested it in both and saw the same behavior. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/problems-repositioning-labels-converted-to/m-p/13...

- Holly
0 Kudos