Select to view content in your preferred language

Graduated Colours - setting min and max values

Jump to solution
08-08-2023 06:43 AM
Labels (1)
Jaffakake
New Contributor

Hi,

I need to display data on carbon ton usage across various properties and how it changes over time. At the moment I have a data set for a baseline and a data set for what it will be by 2041. When I display this using graduated colours I want the breaks to be as follows and the same for each set.

• 0 - 1.28
  • 1.29 - 2.57
  • 2.58-3.86
  • 3.87-5.14
  • 5.15-6.43

I've tried setting the manual interval but it's not working as the minimum and maximum of each of the 2 data sets is different.

• Baseline min = 1.25 max = 6.43
  • 2041 min = 0.20 max = 1.42

The overall plan is to use a storymap to show each year between 2029 and 2041 and how the carbon usage reduces.

Any ideas or solutions greatly recieved!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamSmith6
Occasional Contributor

You can change the min and max value by going into Symbology and then the Histogram tab. You can edit the min and max number (top of the bar and bottom of the bar), but it will affect the rest of the gradient. It will affect the graduated colors and reflect in the labeling of your classes. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
WilliamSmith6
Occasional Contributor

You can change the min and max value by going into Symbology and then the Histogram tab. You can edit the min and max number (top of the bar and bottom of the bar), but it will affect the rest of the gradient. It will affect the graduated colors and reflect in the labeling of your classes.