GIS won't upload XY data

Jump to solution
04-21-2022 12:48 PM
wb4062a
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I had a bit of an issue with ArcGIS Pro that I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with. Every time I try to add new XY coordinate data, I get an error message that reads either "class not registered" or "catastrophic failure."  This happens even with files I was previously able to add just fine, so I'm not sure what the cause is. In all cases, the data is an excel spreadsheet. I was wondering if any of you might have ever encountered this issue before. Thank you so much for your time and help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wb4062a
New Contributor II

Hi all! I was able to convert my files to .csv files which for some reason seemed to fix the problem. Thank you for all the help everyone!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

show a few rows of your excel sheet

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
wb4062a
New Contributor II

Here they are! Let me know if there is anything else you want to see, thank you so much for your help!

wb4062a_0-1650613453877.pngwb4062a_1-1650613476126.png

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Since you're working with Excel, are you sure you have the correct driver installed? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/excel/work-with-excel-in-arcgis-pro.htm 

0 Kudos
wb4062a
New Contributor II

I believe so! I've been able to upload excel spreadsheets just fine for months until yesterday. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you using Excel To Table (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation to convert the excel sheet to a geodatabase table first?

And you say "upload"  ... are you just bringing the data into arcgis pro or are you doing something else?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
wb4062a
New Contributor II

Hi! I just tried to use Excel to Table, but I wasn't sure how to go from the table to creating XY point data. I previously just used "Add data, XY point data" to add the data. For some reason, I was just now able to add one spreadsheet before the errors started again. I'm not entirely sure what's causing the problem. Thank you again so much for your help!

0 Kudos
wb4062a
New Contributor II

Hi all! I was able to convert my files to .csv files which for some reason seemed to fix the problem. Thank you for all the help everyone!

0 Kudos