Georeference Tif image

01-12-2021 10:48 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I receive plat maps in pdf format that I then export to tif format. After that I georeference the tif to my parcels.  However, sometimes when I add the tif to a Pro session, it will come in as a black an white image: 

JoeBorgione_0-1610477053793.png

And other times it comes in as an RGB image:

JoeBorgione_1-1610477106459.png

And when it does, I can't see it in Pro to georeference it.  I suspect it is in the way it is exported in Adobe, but these two that I show in examples I did today, exactly the same way.

Two questions then:

How do I convince Adobe to export the tif as black and white and/or

How do I convince ArcGIS Pro to 'see' the rgb tif image?

ArcGIS Pro 2.6

That should just about do it....
Tags (2)
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What export options did you use?

File format options for PDF export, Adobe Acrobat

surely some combination works? or maybe something else will work

... sort of retired...
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That's the thing; I've never fiddled with the settings.  Perhaps it is how the pdf is created?  (Trying various settings now)....

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

It seems that the original plat pdf has a splash of color in it so I made the settings as shown below.  The Colorspace = Monochrome seems to be what gets it done.  My guess the other plat pdf's that have gone through okay must be black and white only so it's an easier conversion.

JoeBorgione_0-1610488292092.png

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

missing a splash of color? ... sometimes the eyes are the first to go 😁

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Yeah...  I don't even look closely at the plat pdf, I just export 'em to a tif.  The line work I've encountered so far has all be black and white, but the firms like to toss in their colorful logo (marketing, marketing, marketing) and that seems to do it.

0 Kudos