Geocode addresses

06-17-2021 11:25 AM
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to geocode a CSV table using an address locator and I keep getting this error attached. Im using the add data> address and place layer tool. The weird thing is when my collogue does it on his computer it works fine. He uses the same configuration and CSV table as me. I have tried multiple things and still wont work. The Address Locator is valid and works for my collogue. The CSV table is fine and works for my collogue. I have a standard Arc license. Any Ideas? is this a permissions issue? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share a sample CSV and screenshot of the tool parameters used? Was there any other error message/ details in the message?

Think Location
0 Kudos
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

Some of the info I cannot share. But maybe this will help diagnose issue. I feel like this is a permissions issue. I really appreciate everyone trying to help. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

I have a few questions for you @Egeiser27 ...

1. Does the error 10 occur when using either of the locators in the organization named  'Composite Locator' or 'Address Locator'?
  2. I noticed that the csv table includes a zip field, does the error occur when geocoding with the Address and Zip fields using the 'Address Points Full Address' locator? 
  3. Do you continue to get the error if the csv is exported to a file geodatabase table or excel spreadsheet?
  4. How did you add the 'Address Points Full Address' locator as the Input Locator to the Geocode Addresses tool? (Select from the drop-down, click browse button, copy paste the url for the service)
  5. Are you able to view the details of the locators listed in Pro when signed into the organization in a web browser ?
  6. Are you able to geocode the csv file with the Add Item workflow in the web browser  using the 'Address Points Full Address' locator or any of the other locators listed in Pro?
0 Kudos
Egeiser27
New Contributor II
  1. Yes the error occurs.
  2. Yes the error occurs.
  3. Yes I gave this a try and still got the same error.
  4. Browse button
  5. Yes
  6. I tried to do this but I couldn’t get it to work.
0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

What happened when you tried to geocode the csv table using the Add Item workflow? Was there an error?

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@Egeiser27 If you have access to the local locator the services were published from, do you continue to get the error geocoding the csv table? If not, then I would say there is an accessibility or permission issue with the locators in your organization's portal. Are others in your organization able to use these locators successfully?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What about the other conditions?  The default output is a shape file; you need to specify the FGDB and feature class name. Create a file geodatabase on your local C drive and out put to it. That should eliminate a few variables like permissions and output size: how many addresses are you trying to geocode?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

50 addresses. Yes tried to output as FGDB.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Can you describe what product you are using to geocode?  ArcGis Pro? ArcMap? AGOL?

What type of locator are you using?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos