Select to view content in your preferred language

Geocode addresses

06-17-2021 11:25 AM
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to geocode a CSV table using an address locator and I keep getting this error attached. Im using the add data> address and place layer tool. The weird thing is when my collogue does it on his computer it works fine. He uses the same configuration and CSV table as me. I have tried multiple things and still wont work. The Address Locator is valid and works for my collogue. The CSV table is fine and works for my collogue. I have a standard Arc license. Any Ideas? is this a permissions issue? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

ArcPro. Geocoding service through my Organization.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sorry, more questions than answers... What type of locator is it?  New Style? Old Style? Published or Local?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

No problem. I really appreciate your help. Published. 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have permission to the Published locator in your organization? Is the published locator shared with the Organization? Is the published locator a geocoding utility service in your organization? It would show in the list of locators listed in the Contents pane when you sign into your organization in Pro.

ShanaBritt_0-1625178509945.png

It would be helpful if you could provide a screen shot of the Geocode Addresses tool with the csv and published locator selected in the tool.

0 Kudos
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

I added some screen shots to an earlier post. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Without seeing the data and/or access to your locator it's pretty tough to trouble shoot.  Sorry.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
Egeiser27
New Contributor II

I added some screen shots to an earlier post. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos