Find Overlaps (Intelligence) Bug

11-09-2022 11:02 AM
PatSmyth
New Contributor III

Merging
Find_Overlaps
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\intel\analysis\FindOverlapsLogic.py", line 527, in generate_overlaps
    overlaps, centroids = self.subset_dataframes(input_seDataFrame=sdf, field_group=None)

cannot unpack non-iterable NoneType object

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\intel\analysis\FindOverlapsToolClasses.py", line 124, in execute
    intersections, centroids = fo.generate_overlaps()
TypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable NoneType object

Failed to execute (FindOverlaps).

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No overlaps were found (hence NoneType).

A more definitive answer and to identify if it is a bug in the tool would require more information on the inputs used, whether overlaps were expected etc etc

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
PatSmyth
New Contributor III

Thanks @DanPatterson. Input used in tool are attached and python syntax used is below. If no overlaps are found shouldn't there be more graceful way to tell the user than just erroring out ? Of course, can throw this in try/except, but same error happens in gui tool where that is not an option. Hence, seems like a bug?

overlaps = arcpy.FindOverlaps_intelligence(feature, "{}_overlaps".format(feature_name),
                                    "{}_overlap_centroids".format(feature_name))

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The script is in .... C:\...YourInstallFolder...\Resources\ArcToolBox\Scripts\intel\analysis\FindOverlapsLogic.py ...

I don't have time to check the logic so I will flag  @KoryKramer to pass this on to the team that worked on the script to see what the problem might be

... sort of retired...
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@PatSmyth Sorry that you're running into an error. This could be related to https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE0OTI5NA== 

KoryKramer_0-1668025506034.png

I'd recommend hitting the subscribe button on that which will set you up for notifications when this is fixed.

0 Kudos