Fields and data not showing in standalone table on ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-21-2020 01:27 PM
DanielSulak
New Contributor II

I have a Standalone Table that has a relationship class to a feature layer. None of the data or fields are showing when I try to view the table. The total number of records is still shown in the lower left, and I can select records by using "Select Layer By Attibute", for example, but I cannot see the selected records. The table view is below. Many options are greyed out, but notice I do have some records selected and the selection tools are available.

• If I try to look at the Fields View I get "An error was encountered loading fields."
  • This layer is stored online and is used heavily with collector. All seems to be normal both in AGOL and Collector.
  • I believe this is the first time I'm trying to look at this on ArcPro since updating to 2.5.
  • I have tried removing and re-adding the feature layer with the related table. I also tried loading the layer into a new blank project and had the same behavior.

Thanks to anyone who may have some insight!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DanielSulak
New Contributor II

The original data and feature class were created before I came to this position and started managing the data, so I'm not sure how they were originally created.

The problem seems to lie in the feature (location) table, and not the related tables. I am getting the same behavior if I load or copy only the feature class without the related tables.

In general, our work flow is that new features are created in the field using Collector. At the beginning of each quarter I work with the data in Pro and export all of the data created during the previous quarter for reporting and archive purposes. I first noticed the data not displaying during reporting in January, so it is possible that someone created a new feature in the previous quarter that has special characters causing the problem. I will dive into the new features and see what I can find.

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The mobile or runtime geodatabase format, i.e., *.geodatabase format, that ArcGIS mobile apps utilize is based on SQLite.  It isn't coincidence you are seeing TEXT fields of 1-billion length because that is a default SQLite value:  Implementation Limits For SQLite .

Maximum length of a string or BLOB

The maximum number of bytes in a string or BLOB in SQLite is defined by the preprocessor macro SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH. The default value of this macro is 1 billion (1 thousand million or 1,000,000,000).

I am guessing field length isn't being specified when the fields are created and hence the default is being used.

RandyKreuziger1
Occasional Contributor

We are getting this error in Pro 2.8.0 on every feature class we have tried so far.  It happens on both file and SQL geodatabases but only on our new VDI instances under Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise.

We have Pro 2.8.0 running on a plain VM and it works perfectly fine on the same feature classes under Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard.

0 Kudos
MichaelSavarese
New Contributor II

hey Randy was there a resolution to this.  We are noticing the same issue in Pro 2.8 in VDI. 

0 Kudos