Field calculate values from one layer to another

Jump to solution
05-27-2021 11:00 PM
DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

Hello everyone, I have 4 feature layers one being my main layer manholes or the target layer manholes. The others are 

District, communities, and Basin which are polygon layers. In the manhole layer I have fields for the Basin, District and communities. However their are hundreds of manholes in a community and thousands in the basin and even more in the district. So instead of trying to select and then do a calculate field to add the communities and the same for the the other layers. Does anyone think this task can be automated or at the very least be done with model builder? Since these fields have never been done for my city. We are talking some where around 70,000 manholes and there is several communities already coming up so just want some thoughts on maybe an easier what to do this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am intermediate with python, java and arcade. Just kind of stuck.

Thank you 

Deoraj Ramsaran
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Spatial Join would be your best option. 

Join Operation: Join One to One

Match Option: Intersect

Keep only the desired fields from the Join Table (Field Mapping). All the fields in target table will be intact.

Think Location

View solution in original post

DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

Jayanta all I have to say is 🤦🏾‍:male_sign: ,I can't believe it was that simple. I did think of doing this, but was told it would not be accurate, but It worked. Thank you so much.

Deoraj Ramsaran

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Spatial Join would be your best option. 

Join Operation: Join One to One

Match Option: Intersect

Keep only the desired fields from the Join Table (Field Mapping). All the fields in target table will be intact.

Think Location
DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

Jayanta all I have to say is 🤦🏾‍:male_sign: ,I can't believe it was that simple. I did think of doing this, but was told it would not be accurate, but It worked. Thank you so much.

Deoraj Ramsaran
0 Kudos
LydiaCarey
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem but I don't want another layer created i want it to edit the attribute table i already have is there anyway

0 Kudos