Features Disappearing in ArcPro

01-24-2022 09:59 PM
M_9999
by
New Contributor II

I am creating line and point features in ArcPro. Sometimes (not every time) when I zoom in and out features will disappear. I have closed Pro and restarted and also exported the features into a new project and nothing has changed. I have gone through the properties for each feature class and the spatial reference is correct. I have also noticed that after I split a line segment in two both components disappeared. I can select the line segements where they are meant to be and it highlights them in the attribute table but they're just not displaying. Maybe a UI issue? I am using the most current version of ArcPro. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

if no symbology had been applied to the layer (eg it wasn't changed from the initial default, perhaps, I would have to check to see if this didn't apply when a symbology had been set.

My routine is to save edits (regardless of source of edits) before changing the map focus.  Since I always do this, I wouldn't really notice (unless I was looking) if features vanished.  It may be a matter of procedure.  If I was editing attributes, I would save them first if the symbology depended on those changes.  If you are concerned about something and you should have changed map focus, I would change the map focus first, then do the editing.  No procedure is going to satisfy everyone and the software can't accommodate all possible scenarios.  Pick the procedure that causes you the least issues, like I have

... sort of retired...