Select to view content in your preferred language

FeatureLayer Binning Symbology

10-12-2022 02:05 AM
Labels (3)
Guy_srb
Regular Contributor

Hi 🙂

I'm having issues to customize the symbology of the FeatureLayer Bins in ArcGis Pro.

for some reason I have only two options to choose from, and the option that I want to use(Graduated Colors) does not appear on the option box.

Guy_srb_2-1665565484699.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VincentLaunstorfer
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

As explained in ESRI documentation, only 'single symbol' or 'unclassed colors' symbologies are available for binnig enabled layer. If you wish to apply 'graduated colors', you can use 'Vary symbology by attribute' subtab and write a custom Arcade expression to derive the graduated colors based on an attribute.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/symbolize-binned-feature-laye...

For example, I wrote a simple if else Arcade statement to calculate "rgb(r, g, b)" text value used to draw the Solid Fill layer in the symbol. Here, if a total if greater or equal to 50, an "rgb(255,0,0)" red is output, else it is "rgb(255,255,0)" yellow, as shown in the square binning below.

VincentLaunstorfer_0-1672938989111.png

It works but I have to admit it is not easy concepts to use.

Recently, I had a similar issue recently and you can look at this post for exact instructions to use:

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 - How to apply colormap file .clr to feature class symbology?

Hope this help.

0 Kudos