Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Dataset is Locked in Enterprise Geodatabase Postgres

Jump to solution
07-20-2023 01:32 AM
yockee
by
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to copy some Feature Classes into a Feature Dataset. But fail due to error "The output Feature Dataset is locked by another user".

The feature classes are on the same database, Enterprise Geodatabase using Postgresql.

I check on the enterprise geodatabase properties and I see some feature classes are locked using "shared mode". Strangely, no one is using it except me. The Feature Dataset should not be in Locked position because I just opened it and no processing is going on whatsoever. 

yockee_1-1689841428598.png

yockee_0-1689841320751.png

What is the cause of this problem ?

How do I release the locks ? is it by restarting the Postgresql service ? 

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 and ArcGIS Enterprise Standard 11.0

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I saw an internal support case where a user was using the Copy Features GP tool and it triggered this error message.  I'd recommend using the Export Features GP tool and see if this resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I saw an internal support case where a user was using the Copy Features GP tool and it triggered this error message.  I'd recommend using the Export Features GP tool and see if this resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
yockee
by
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Robert_LeClair You are spot on, I am able to copy now. Is it some kind of bug ? Thanks. It used to be just fine in ArcMap.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@yockee - not sure if it's a bug (or a change) in the ArcGIS Pro software.  I know there are a few ArcMap workflows that no longer work in ArcGIS Pro.  My guess is different software languages, different workflows.  BUT glad it worked out!  All the best!

0 Kudos