Feature class to ArcGIS Online (layer + table)

Jump to solution
05-11-2022 03:47 AM
Louis-PhilippeTessier
New Contributor

Hello everyone, 

My name is Louis-Philippe, I am a mobility project manager working for a Swiss consulting firm and currently working on a GIS project about bicycle parking locations, for which I need your help 🙂

I would like to publish on ArcGIS Online a hosted feature class that has a layer and a table (see images attached below). We have ArcGIS PRO to prepare the feature class.

The goal is to create a webmap visible in FieldMaps that will enable users to click on any point and be redirected to a Survey123 form. We will then link the feature layer and table in order to :

1. Populate the form with existing data;

2. Enable users to fill the form and send the new data in the related table.

I hope this is clear enough, let me know if you need more details. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, you can simply create a point layer and standalone table in a file geodatabase, then create a relationship class between the two.

For best results with Survey123, you'll want each layer to have a GlobalID field, and the related table should have a GUID field. Create the relationship class from the point layer GlobalID to the GUID, one-to-many.

Add the point layer and table to a map, then share the service from there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, you can simply create a point layer and standalone table in a file geodatabase, then create a relationship class between the two.

For best results with Survey123, you'll want each layer to have a GlobalID field, and the related table should have a GUID field. Create the relationship class from the point layer GlobalID to the GUID, one-to-many.

Add the point layer and table to a map, then share the service from there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Louis-PhilippeTessier
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your help, was able to successfully publish my data and it now works on Suvey123! 

Have a good day.