Failure to package project with a toolbox in pro

11-16-2020 12:08 AM
Labels (2)
OliverCowan
New Contributor II

Good day,

My attempts to package my project keep failing with the error code tatus: "Failed ErrorMessage: ERROR 001659: Consolidating toolbox C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.tbx"

The model works fine when I run it; however it includes and Iterator. I'm aware that the Iterator function is strictly a model tool and does not translate to python script.  Could this be the reason for the failure to package my project?

TIA

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The error...

001659: Consolidating toolbox <value> 

has a suggestion.  Did you get the report from

Analyze Tools For Pro (Data Management) ?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
OliverCowan
New Contributor II

Thanks for the feedback. I ran the Analyze Tools For Pro and received the below...

"ERROR 000989: Python syntax error: within script C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.aprx
Failed to execute (AnalyzeToolsForPro)."

Do you know if it is possible to isolate where exactly the syntax error is occurring? 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you opened the script up in a python IDE to check for syntax errors?

If it is a model, then try

exporting-a-model-to-python 

If it is relatively short, you can post a copy of the code here

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
OliverCowan
New Contributor II

Essentially, in my project folder I have an input folder with shapefiles of  (A) species distribution records (points) which I need to 'intersect' and spatially join with a large multipolygon shapefile stored within the project GDB (B). The output (the specific polygons from B which contain points from A) are then saved in a n output folder within the project folder. The toolbox I created with modelbuilder does this for me but when I try saving the project as a package the error as listed in my OP pops up. Below is the code from my model that I exported to python window (I see that Iterators are unwelcome in Python, perhaps that is the syntax error that is coming up?):

PS. Thank you vey much for your help, it is hugely appreciated!

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
"""
Generated by ArcGIS ModelBuilder on : 2020-11-16 13:04:46
"""
import arcpy
import os

def FeatureClassGenerator(workspace, wild_card, feature_type, recursive) :
with arcpy.EnvManager(workspace = workspace):

dataset_list = [""]
if recursive:
datasets = arcpy.ListDatasets()
dataset_list.extend(datasets)

for dataset in dataset_list:
featureclasses = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses(wild_card, feature_type, dataset)
for fc in featureclasses:
yield os.path.join(workspace, dataset, fc), fc

def Model(): # Segment Processing

# To allow overwriting outputs change overwriteOutput option to True.
arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = False

Fixed_Segments_5_ = "C:\\GIS\\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.gdb\\Fixed_Segments"
Input_Species_For_Processing = "C:\\GIS\\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\\Input\\Input_Species_For_Processing"

for FeatureClass, Name in FeatureClassGenerator(Input_Species_For_Processing, "*.shp", "POINT", "RECURSIVE"):

# Process: Select Layer By Location (Select Layer By Location) (management)
Fixed_Segments_Layer, Output_Layer_Names, Count = arcpy.management.SelectLayerByLocation(in_layer=[Fixed_Segments_5_], overlap_type="CONTAINS", select_features=FeatureClass, search_distance="", selection_type="NEW_SELECTION", invert_spatial_relationship="NOT_INVERT")

# Process: Spatial Join (Spatial Join) (analysis)
Name = "FeatureClass"
_Name_shp = fr"C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Output\{Name}.shp"
arcpy.analysis.SpatialJoin(target_features=Fixed_Segments_Layer, join_features=FeatureClass, out_feature_class=_Name_shp, join_operation="JOIN_ONE_TO_ONE", join_type="KEEP_ALL", field_mapping="fid_1 \"fid_1\" true true false 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,fid_1,-1,-1;cat \"cat\" true true false 4 Long 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,cat,-1,-1;ogc_fid \"ogc_fid\" true true false 4 Long 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,ogc_fid,-1,-1;area \"area\" true true false 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,area,-1,-1;region \"region\" true true false 254 Text 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,region,0,254;Natural_me \"Natural_me\" true true false 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,Natural_me,-1,-1;layer \"layer\" true true false 100 Text 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,layer,0,100;path \"path\" true true false 200 Text 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,path,0,200;Shape_Leng \"Shape_Length\" false true true 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,Shape_Length,-1,-1;Shape_Area \"Shape_Area\" false true true 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,Shape_Area,-1,-1", match_option="INTERSECT", search_radius="", distance_field_name="")

if __name__ == '__main__':
# Global Environment settings
with arcpy.EnvManager(scratchWorkspace=r"C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.gdb", workspace=r"C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.gdb"):
Model()

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@OliverCowan you forgot to past within code blocks.

Click on the 3 dots, ... , then select the </> , then select Python and insert your code to get it formatted. as in this example from your code

arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = False

which begs the question... do you want to overwrite outputs? or not.

Are all your data locateable?

On a quick look, I can't see where if recursive is set

Did you run the compatability check I suggested?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
OliverCowan
New Contributor II
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
"""
Generated by ArcGIS ModelBuilder on : 2020-11-16 13:04:46
"""
import arcpy
import os

def FeatureClassGenerator(workspace, wild_card, feature_type, recursive) :
  with arcpy.EnvManager(workspace = workspace):

dataset_list = [""]
    if recursive:

def Model():  # Segment Processing

arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

Fixed_Segments_5_ = "C:\\GIS\\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.gdb\\Fixed_Segments"
    Input_Species_For_Processing = "C:\\GIS\\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\\Input\\Input_Species_For_Processing"

for FeatureClass, Name in FeatureClassGenerator(Input_Species_For_Processing, "*.shp", "POINT", "RECURSIVE"):

# Process: Select Layer By Location (Select Layer By Location) (management)
        Fixed_Segments_Layer, Output_Layer_Names, Count = arcpy.management.SelectLayerByLocation(in_layer=[Fixed_Segments_5_], overlap_type="CONTAINS", select_features=FeatureClass, search_distance="", selection_type="NEW_SELECTION", invert_spatial_relationship="NOT_INVERT")

# Process: Spatial Join (Spatial Join) (analysis)
        Name = "FeatureClass"
        _Name_shp = fr"C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Output\{Name}.shp"
        arcpy.analysis.SpatialJoin(target_features=Fixed_Segments_Layer, join_features=FeatureClass, out_feature_class=_Name_shp, join_operation="JOIN_ONE_TO_ONE", join_type="KEEP_ALL", field_mapping="fid_1 \"fid_1\" true true false 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,fid_1,-1,-1;cat \"cat\" true true false 4 Long 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,cat,-1,-1;ogc_fid \"ogc_fid\" true true false 4 Long 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,ogc_fid,-1,-1;area \"area\" true true false 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,area,-1,-1;region \"region\" true true false 254 Text 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,region,0,254;Natural_me \"Natural_me\" true true false 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,Natural_me,-1,-1;layer \"layer\" true true false 100 Text 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,layer,0,100;path \"path\" true true false 200 Text 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,path,0,200;Shape_Leng \"Shape_Length\" false true true 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,Shape_Length,-1,-1;Shape_Area \"Shape_Area\" false true true 8 Double 0 0,First,#,Fixed_Segments_Layer,Shape_Area,-1,-1", match_option="INTERSECT", search_radius="", distance_field_name="")

if __name__ == '__main__':
    # Global Environment settings
    with arcpy.EnvManager(scratchWorkspace=r"C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.gdb", workspace=r"C:\GIS\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO\Seg_Processing_ARCPRO.gdb"):
        Model()

my apologies-have amended above. 

wrt to overwriting outputs at this stage it doesn't really matter but I have changed it to "=True".

Data should be locatable - the input shapefiles are within folders in the project folder.

The compatibility check reported a syntax error in script...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is suspect you need to replace "RECURSIVE" with True

because this code section won't work since it is looking for a boolean

dataset_list = [""]
    if recursive:

and this block won't run at all since dataset_list is empty

... sort of retired...