Failure to be able to copy and paste values

07-17-2019 09:45 AM
Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

I have to assume this is a ArcGIS Pro bug as it happens to me periodically. I am using Pro v 2.4. When editing parcel layer, I typically copy the parcel identification number (PIN) from the source table into the parcel layer, and then join the rest of the attributes to the layer using the PIN as a unique identifier. Things typically go well until the parcel layer refuses to accept the copied PIN. When this happens, even typing the PIN doesn't work. It seems to make no difference if I am copying from an excel or access file, nor does it make any difference if I have imported the source data into the Pro project. I don't expect that there is an answer or fix, just want to bring it to ESRI's attention.# bug

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pete,

1. Where are you pasting the PIN - into the attributes pane or attribute table?
  2. Are you attempting to update the PIN attribute on the input table/feature class (left side) or join table (right side)?
  3. When did the issue start?

So far, I'm not reproducing on my end, but perhaps there is something specific I'm missing. Have you reached out to Esri Technical Support? They can get your data/sample data and specific workflow, and report a bug to the proper development team. Here is the contact info for Esri Technical Support: https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Bristlecone-Geo
New Contributor III

Hi Scott!

Thanks for these questions…

When the problem began I was:

1. Pasting into the attribute table

2. The left side,..I know you can’t edit the table that is used as the join table (the right side)

3. First occurrence was about a month or so ago.

More info,..I was able to export the parcel layer to a shapefile and copy and paste easily in ArcMap 10.5.1. I then brought the parcel shapefile back into a new gdb, and was successful in copying and pasting using the attribute pane. That seemed to work fine. And, so you know, the source data comes from an excel spreadsheet (xlxs version), imported to a gdb.

The updated parcel layer is available to view at https://slvgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=603b8e4159bb4e13a55960bde76d4f51

And yes, I have reached out to ESRi support, I have 2 case numbers as this is the second time I have had this happen. Thanks for contacting me!

Cheers,

Pete Magee

Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pete,

I see you have an open case with Support. That's good!

Intermittent issues are always tricky, so please provide as much details as you can to the Analyst. They will certainly try to uncover the pattern , and if a bug is found, they can get it to the proper development team.

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos