Failed to open map view

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 11:43 PM
NadaKadhim
New Contributor III
Hello everyone,

I have been working for 15 days on an important project. Every step/process that I was working on I saved it. When I open ArcGIS Pro (version 2.8) I found this message.

Please, could you help me in fixing this issue as soon as possible?
I'll highly appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Best regards,

2021-09-01_231007.png

Tags (2)
64 Replies
Dedy-Fitriawan
New Contributor

So am I,...

I have this same problem too. 

0 Kudos
CoryLanghoff1
New Contributor II

I have multiple students experiencing this issue.  We are using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.  Solutions?

0 Kudos
HeaR
by
New Contributor

I am having the same issue and have to use the reclassify tool extensively for my class.

0 Kudos
JL_Orlando_NEMAC
New Contributor

Same issue here, using 3.2.1. I was working in a .aprx yesterday where I ran Reclassify a few times. I had divided my work into two maps and I can open only one of the two today (the map I cannot open is where the Reclassify inputs and outputs were for geoprocessing). I've definitely noticed a lot of issues with Reclassify over the past year where .aprx would fail to open or cause ArcGIS Pro to close abruptly during geoprocessing. I've also noticed consistent glitches during geoprocessing, for example when I classify integer data the quantile breaks will be decimal values (especially if I re-open geoprocessing from previous run history), but then if I run the tool again it will return to integer breaks. I've tried moving Reclassify outside of my working .aprx and to it's own .aprx (I've had these fail to open at times, but at least then I didn't lose the rest of my map contents and formatting). As inconvenient as it is, I think I will continue to move that geoprocessing workflow to a separate location until I have more confidence in the tool. 

ChrisKorose
New Contributor

Same issue with Reclassify using 3.2.1

0 Kudos
JoelMLeonard
New Contributor

Also just encountered this issue today. Version 3.1.0. No reclassify tool used, no One Drive in use. It's a file I've used and updated everyday for the last two years.

0 Kudos
LeannaDeagle
New Contributor II

I've also been having this issue. No reclassify tool used. Was running into really long export times, then Pro crashed while working on a layout. When I re-opened the project I got the failed to open map view message. I open and work in this project every day. Very frustrating to have it just stop working without explanation. 

0 Kudos
DWRXaelaWalden
New Contributor

Same Issue here.  

I am running in Arc Pro 3.2.0.  The file is a few years old and I last used the reclassify tool about 8 months ago (last use was in Arc Pro 3.1.0 (I think).  I needed to go back in and create a few new geotiff files today using the reclassify tool again and got the same error (Failed to open map view) as all the other users in this forum.

The stop gap solution another person mentioned really isn't sufficient with maps that contain large amounts of layers/shapefiles/rasters etc.  

ESRI, can you please put some more effort into resolving this issue? It appears the update has not resolved everyone's issues still. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
AmandaCamarillo
New Contributor

Just wanted to chime in that I'm also having the same issue today. Newest version available and still this is happening.

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all, in case you missed Kory Kramer's post on this thread the best thing to do is contact tech support to troubleshoot the specifics of your problem.

0 Kudos