Failed to open map view

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 11:43 PM
NadaKadhim
New Contributor III
Hello everyone,

I have been working for 15 days on an important project. Every step/process that I was working on I saved it. When I open ArcGIS Pro (version 2.8) I found this message.

Please, could you help me in fixing this issue as soon as possible?
I'll highly appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Best regards,

2021-09-01_231007.png

Tags (2)
64 Replies
AmiraidarGhulomaidarov
New Contributor

I also failed

0 Kudos
JeffreyBarrell
New Contributor II

This worked for me, thanks!

0 Kudos
kathlynmd
New Contributor

I've run into this problem a few times and it looks like others still are as well, so I wanted to offer my stop gap solution that I use. I just open a new blank map within the project and add in all my files/feature classes again from the catalog. It doesn't save your formatting/symbology but usually all of the geoprocessing tools' outputs are saved as files to the project. Not a perfect solution, but something at least. 

0 Kudos
io-atelier
New Contributor

Hi There!

Did anyone find any work around for this issue. It became so annoying for me now as it's been happened 3 times since this morning and I had to created a new map every time.

Please mention here if anyone find any possible solution of this problem, "Failed to open map view" .

Thanks 

0 Kudos
ColinChupik_
New Contributor

I have the same issue. I created a new map and saved the file thinking only the map was corrupt... But then the  "map failed to load" happened on my new file..

0 Kudos
AmyKnight
New Contributor III

We are also having this issue with more than one map, but mainly for one user.  It has happened on maps created in previous versions of ArcPro and on new maps created with the current version (3.1.2 for us).  The latest map had a lot of files from different source folders, including gdb rasters, feature classes, tifs, and a shapefile. We could see all the sources by going to the map item properties and choosing to update data sources.  We did not update anything, just used that as reference for what layers to reload in the map. We will be calling Esri Support but also looking for updates on this forum. thanks!

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Was ESRI support able to help you? I'm also experiencing this problem.

0 Kudos
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

This is the same experience I am seeing with 3.1.1.  I'm unable to open the map or copy/paste the map but I CAN see the layers and data sources through that Catalog view.  The map had SDE, PNG, and FGDB connections.  I tested keeping the SDE connection but changing the PNG and FGDB connection to map to a local C drive instead of a network drive location.  The update to the data sources did work but the map still fails to open.  

I also tested exporting the project as a package but that fails as well with no useful or descriptive error message.  

I'm curious what ESRI Support stated during your conversations

HannahAWhite
New Contributor II

Solidarity with you all! With this being such a serious issue, I'm surprised/disappointed that Esri has not chimed in. Maps should not spontaneously become corrupt.

I've had this issue with maps in several different projects, and it's usually just one map in the project that has the issue while the others open as normal. I have not found a way to recover any of the corrupted maps.

I tried the copy/paste suggestion, but "paste" is grayed out.

I tried restarting my computer, and tried opening the project on a different computer. Neither option was successful.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
ZacharySmith22
New Contributor

Any update on fixes for this issue? I have recently started having this issue in every project I create.

0 Kudos