Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed script Train Using AutoML

07-15-2024 10:35 AM
SamuelRivera7
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am new to ArcGIS and I am trying to train a tabular data set using AutoML in the GeoAI toolbox. When I go to run the tool, I am getting hit with this error. I have tried to downsize the data being trained by selecting a few rows and also by attribute but I am still getting the same error so I am not sure if it is a memory problem. If it helps at all, I am trying to recreate the project in the demo of this video : https://mediaspace.esri.com/media/t/1_d3l2ir80 (27:45) in effort to learn how to manage and navigate the toolbox. ArcGIS Pro AutoML error.jpgArcGIS Pro VOTER TURNOUT.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @SamuelRivera7 

I've not seen this error myself before, but it appears that it is attempting to use around 4.4TB of space to run, I assume this is not an option since most workplace machines do not have 4.4TB of space. If possible I would attempt to use a very very small dataset, maybe export two or three features from the testing and training feature layer to attempt and test on. I assume that this is a large dataset in the eyes of the ML algorithm and may take up an incredible amount of data. If it gives you the same issue when using a very small amount, maybe it is another strange issue!

Edit:

Along with this, do you happen to have the link to the training data you attempted to use from the conference? I cannot seem to find it to test on my side.

Cody

0 Kudos
SamuelRivera7
New Contributor II

Hey @CodyPatterson 

Thanks for the reply! How can I go about exporting two or three features from the testing and training feature layer to test? 

Also, here is the link to the dataset that I am using right now. https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=68db3558563245159ca2a878c7ade52c 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @SamuelRivera7 

Thank you for providing the dataset, I attempted to find the last Explanatory Training Variable you used but couldn't located it, I was curious what you used for that one?

I also was able to download the dataset and it appears that it cannot be exported due to more than likely some constraint in the way it is formatted. In that case, I will attempt to run the machine learning script when I hear back about your last variable and then see if I get the same results. Did you have any advanced options or any below as well?

Cody

0 Kudos
SamuelRivera7
New Contributor II

Hey @CodyPatterson ,

The last variable is:  State Voting Requirement Laws

I also did not make any changes to advanced options. Thanks so much again.

Samuel

0 Kudos
SamuelRivera7
New Contributor II

Hey @CodyPatterson 

Any luck?

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @SamuelRivera7 

I apologize for the late response, I copied your setup in the exact way that you had it, and I experienced the same issue with the same error message. I've tried changing the variables and using different algorithms, but no luck so far.

It may be the best option to attempt and reach out to ESRI support to see if they will be able to diagnose the issue. Currently, I am unsure unfortunately!

Cody

0 Kudos