Eyedropper tool is MIA

11-10-2022 10:29 AM
cole_KTB
New Contributor III

Hey there,

I was using Arc pro this morning for work and have been working with symbology & the eyedropper tool frequently. All of a sudden after using the eyedropper tool 5 seconds ago, the eyedropper tool has been replaced in the drop down with "color properties" with no dropper option. I restarted arc pro and it did not resolve the issue. Has anyone had issues with this before? Or is there a second location for the eyedropper in the top ribbon? I was just right clicking the layer symbol and using the eye dropper from the drop down. Thanks in advance for any help. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Cole - when I see strange ArcGIS Pro UI issues like this, I exit ArcGIS Pro after saving the project file, rename the Esri folder in the C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming to Esri_Old.  Then restart ArcGIS Pro, load your project file and attempt the workflow again. What is the result?

0 Kudos
cole_KTB
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, thanks for the suggestion! It did not change the missing Eyedropper unfortunately. Seems like it gave arcgis pro a reset however. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, that little trick does reset ArcGIS Pro to "factory settings" so I wondered if that would force the return of the eyedropper tool.  Question for you - when you use the workflow here - does it appear or not so much?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aha!  Found the reason why - it's BUG-000144469 - The Eyedropper tool disappears from the color palette in the Symbology pane when the attribute table is open.  Close your attribute table and the functionality returns!

cole_KTB
New Contributor III

That worked! Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

GREAT!  I'm glad it worked!  If you feel my response was the correct solution, please mark my responses as "accept as solution" to close out this thread.  Thx!

0 Kudos
DanSmith27
New Contributor III

Just happened to me - this time it was there, but "grayed out" - closing the attribute table fixed it. I'm on 3.1.2

0 Kudos
cole_KTB
New Contributor III

I will try that later tonight when I am back in the office! Thanks a lot for the help! 

0 Kudos