Extract Roof Forms for Municipal Development

Jump to solution
10-08-2016 10:14 PM
PhoebeGIS
New Contributor II

Hi, I am trying ArcGisPro with the ExtractRoofFormsForMunicipalDevelopment free lesson (Create elevation layers—Extract Roof Forms for Municipal Development | ArcGIS).I don't seem to be able to complete the "Review roof forms for errors" step. This should add 3 new fields into my Portland_Roof_Forms table (PlanesMissed, LowEaveError, and RMSE).

The task runs for 30 seconds, then fails. It inserts the PlanesMissed field, then fails with the attached error.

Restarted from scratch 3 times, same problem. I am using Win10, ArcGisPro 1.3.0. The parent directory is not read-only.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PhoebeGIS.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielHedges
New Contributor III

This issue is due to a bug found in the update from Pro 1.2 to 1.3, wherein the python script cannot successfully execute within the task the way it was written. The current Local Government Scene Solution materials have this bug fixed, and the Learn Lesson materials are in the process of being updated as well, but in the meantime, you should be able to run this script outside of the task framework, and then pick up with the tasks that follow after that step.

I apologize for the confusion. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the example in the link shows a very specific projection being used, but your data frame is showing geographic coordinates... did you follow the part about setting the projection?

PhoebeGIS
New Contributor II
Thank you for the suggestion.
The project itself was downloaded from ESRI, and upon opening, the data frame does show geographic coordinates.
The very first picture in the attached link also shows geographic coordinates.

At the step of creating the .lasd file from the raw lidar data, I did specify the projected coordinate system to use, as shown in the instructions. After this step, once the .lasd file is created and displayed, we still have geographic coordinates displayed.

I don't see any other instructions relating to coordinates. I will try to see if I find any options/menu anywhere that would let me to use projected coordinate system instead of geographic.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
DanielHedges
New Contributor III

This issue is due to a bug found in the update from Pro 1.2 to 1.3, wherein the python script cannot successfully execute within the task the way it was written. The current Local Government Scene Solution materials have this bug fixed, and the Learn Lesson materials are in the process of being updated as well, but in the meantime, you should be able to run this script outside of the task framework, and then pick up with the tasks that follow after that step.

I apologize for the confusion. I hope this helps!

PhoebeGIS
New Contributor II

Thank you Daniel,

this indeed helps me pass the hurdle. The Confidence Measurement tool runs OK outside the task.

Regards,

PhoebeGIS

0 Kudos