Extent problem while clipping Points and polygon

05-28-2019 08:18 AM
Durga_P_Joshi
New Contributor II

I want to clip points to the boundary(polygon) shapefile. I have common Projection system for both points and polygon. But the output extent while clipping is not matching with the polygon. I want the exact same extent, as the boundary shapefile, for the clipped points. Can anybody help me with this? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Can you include a screenshot?  Does the shapefile contain many features, or a single polygon feature?

Are you using a selection?  It would be really helpful to see what you're trying to accomplish.

Have you made any changes away from the Default processing extent?

Durga_P_Joshi
New Contributor II

I have boundary shapefile file of whole the United States, and points over a certain area. I want to clip these points on each boundary shapefile. I want the exact extent for those output clipped points for further processing.

Here are I have attached two images showing different extent for boundary shapefile and the clipped point shapefile.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

And when you clip your points to bdy_20, for example, you aren't getting the expected results?

0 Kudos
Durga_P_Joshi
New Contributor II

Yeah!

0 Kudos
EricCollinsOVV
New Contributor III

I would suspect multipoint or multipart features. Perhaps review the geometries.

0 Kudos