Select to view content in your preferred language

Exported legend in map is diffrent then layout in Arcgis Pro

11-15-2022 01:51 AM
SPNIOrganization
Occasional Contributor

Hello there,

I encounter this problem a lot

I am arranging the legend and export it to JPG, but then the legend get mixed up

Sometimes it's just the extant of the legend but sometimes add features to the legend that weren't there before.

Important to mention that the language is Hebrew 

In this example there are 3 legends marked with black border

The first pic  is a screenshot from the layout and the second is the JPG

Thank you 

SPNIOrganization_2-1668505737931.png

Layout7.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello!  First question I have for you is what release of ArcGIS Pro are you using?  The reason I ask is there was a bug at ArcGIS Pro 2.5 that was fixed at ArcGIS Pro 2.6.  It was BUG000129096 - text symbol alignment settings in the legend of a layout are not honored when exported from ArcGIS Pro 2.5.

0 Kudos
JuliaOlson
Esri Contributor

Hi SPNIOrganization, 

Sorry you're running into this issue! @Robert_LeClair had a great point about what version of ArcGIS Pro you're using because that could affect your workaround.

If the data that you're using is a Service Layer, then it's possible that your issue is related to a bug that we addressed and fixed in Pro 3.0 (BUG-000138573).

If you're not using a Service Layer, the problem you are running into may be specific to your layout file. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

In the meantime, I encourage you to try a work around for the issue by exporting via the Python window instead of the export pane.  You can learn more about exporting a layout via Python here https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/arcpy/mapping/layout-class.htm

Here is a sample script you can paste in the Python window to export all layouts in a project to PDF.

##Export to PDF
import time
aprx = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("CURRENT")
aprx.listLayouts()
for lyt in aprx.listLayouts():
#Parameters: output name, resolution, image quality, compress vector graphics, image compression, embed fonts, layer attributes, georeference, jpeg compression, clip to elements, output as image, embed color profile
#Image quality: "BEST", "BETTER", "NORMAL", "FASTER", "FASTEST"
#Image compression: "ADAPTIVE", "DEFLATE", "JPEG", "LZW", "NONE", "RLE"
#Layer attributes: "LAYERS_ONLY", "LAYERS_AND_ATTRIBUTES", "NONE"
	start = time.time()
	lyt.exportToPDF(f"C:\Temp\{lyt.name}.pdf", 150, "BEST", True, "ADAPTIVE", True, "LAYERS_ONLY", True, 80, False, False, False)
	end = time.time()
	print(f"{lyt.name} exported in {end - start} seconds")
print("Done")

Hope this helped!

Julia

0 Kudos