Export Training Data for Deep Learning

Jump to solution
07-05-2021 02:57 AM
HamzaM
by
New Contributor III

I am trying to Export Training Data for Deep Learning to train my model but when i run the tool it starts at 2% and doesn't move any further, when i check the CPU usage its very low which means its not running why is this happening. 

I am using arcgis pro 2.8.1

Deep Learning Essentials 2.8

Export Training Data for Deep Learning.PNG

@PhilipWilson @Wolf @JayantaPoddar @DanPatterson @DavidPike @jcarlson @DanLee @JoshuaBixby @Scott_Harris @TomBole

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

You can track the download progress by going into your output folder (Hi_res_superres_data) then the images subfolder. If it is still writing images into this folder then it is still working. The tool doesn't use the GPU so that is not a factor.

Tim_McGinnes_0-1625540022124.png

You are trying to download a lot of data. The extent you have specified is 17.82 km by 11.64km in size. At 0.1m cell size that will be approx. 348 * 227 tiles (where each is 512 pixels square). So a total of 78769 tiles (I think).

I did a quick test and could download 80 tiles in a minute - so that works out to 984 minutes or 16 hours to download all the tiles. Your download speed may vary.

The other problem is that you are using the Esri World Imagery service, and I am pretty sure they don't like people doing bulk downloads from it. So they are probably restricting your access on the server side which would make the downloads even slower still.

There is a service specifically setup for export, so you could maybe try it instead: World Imagery (For Export)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

You can track the download progress by going into your output folder (Hi_res_superres_data) then the images subfolder. If it is still writing images into this folder then it is still working. The tool doesn't use the GPU so that is not a factor.

Tim_McGinnes_0-1625540022124.png

You are trying to download a lot of data. The extent you have specified is 17.82 km by 11.64km in size. At 0.1m cell size that will be approx. 348 * 227 tiles (where each is 512 pixels square). So a total of 78769 tiles (I think).

I did a quick test and could download 80 tiles in a minute - so that works out to 984 minutes or 16 hours to download all the tiles. Your download speed may vary.

The other problem is that you are using the Esri World Imagery service, and I am pretty sure they don't like people doing bulk downloads from it. So they are probably restricting your access on the server side which would make the downloads even slower still.

There is a service specifically setup for export, so you could maybe try it instead: World Imagery (For Export)

0 Kudos