Select to view content in your preferred language

Export Package Layer not including data

02-22-2023 08:43 AM
dingwall
New Contributor

Hello! I am trying to export a layer package, however the .lpkx file does not seem to be including the underlying data, and results in a broken data connection with another member of my team attempts to add to their map. 

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.4 in Parallels Windows Desktop, so am was not sure if this was a result of running on the virtual machine (all other ArcGIS Pro capabilities have worked thus far).

When my colleague exports a layer package, I am able to insert the layer successfully with correct data connections. It looks like his file exports to a "Packages" folder when looking at the layer source info, versus my exports referencing the folder where the data is on my local machine. 

Both export options "upload package to Online account" and "save package to file" have the same issue.

Thanks for any tips!

8 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You mention that you're using Parallels Windows Desktop on a Mac within a VM.  Is your colleague also using a VM or a local install of ArcGIS Pro on a Windows PC?

0 Kudos
LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

Does this cause problems? I have a colleague who packaged up some layers to share with me, and no matter what most of the layers are broken and won't repair. He is running windows on a parallel on Mac. 

0 Kudos
Scott_Harding
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue (Pro 3.1, also using Parallels but data recipient is not). I can see clearly that the data isn't being included in the package and it tries to link to my local drive for the data. Any luck finding a fix?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@Scott_Harding and @LayerItOn - this morning I was reviewing the internals and learned of BUG-000151772 - The layer package (.lpkx) file is missing the layer's data source when opened in ArcGIS Pro.  It's reproducible in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0, 3.0.1 and in VM's using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1.  It's currently under review by the Support Services team with currently no workaround.

LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for letting us know! 

Scott_Harding
New Contributor

@Robert_LeClair It's been a while. Do you have any update on a fix for this bug? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Scott - I'm seeing BUG-000151772 as Under Review currently as of 5/28/24.

AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Two people (myself included) in our office have encountered this issue in 2.9.5. 

Opening the lpkx just shows LYRX files, referencing the original datasource. 

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1693578418633.png