Export model to python

Jump to solution
09-22-2015 12:19 PM
TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor

How do you export a model created in ModelBuilder to a python script within ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor
7 Replies
TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor

So Dan are you saying you can't export a model directly to a python script from ModelBuilder in ArcGIS Pro. You must save it back and open in ArcMap and then export? I hope that is not true.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I am sure you have tried what I did:

• tried the same as in ArcMap 10.3   nope
  • tried the save as option in Pro   nope, no option to save as anything other than a new name
  • tried right-clicking on the model in the Project window   nope ... lots of stuff, but not
  • tried to find it in the list of things that aren't in Pro   nope...can't find a mention of this not being carried forward
  • wellll... maybe we were supposed to use 10.3 to save it   .... I will leave that for others to report... I never use modelbuilder anyway, except for the cool picture it creates of the workflow     use python in conjunction with Results window (Now...did I ever find that window???)
0 Kudos
TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor

I found this on the Esri support page. Looks like they did remove this functionality.

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/role/beta10_1/QlVHLTAwMDA4OTc1MQ==

I have posted an idea to have it added back at https://c.na9.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=087E0000000fxXa&returnUrl=%2Fapex%2FideaList%3Fc%3D0...

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Of course you realize that it won't happen anytime soon since everything is being phased it...sigh

TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor

Sadly yes, I know you are right.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I added my vote to ArcGIS Idea - Add Export Model to Python Script back to ArcGIS Pro.

You guys are too pessimistic. The ArcToolbox window was saved in Arc 10 because of similar user appeals. They do change their mind sometimes and reverse course!