Error Required Microsoft Driver is not installed?

07-30-2019 07:22 AM
deleted-user-yC5VkbyXzrQR
Occasional Contributor

Anyone else getting this error trying to open an excel sheet in ArcPro 2.4.

On my co-workers computer it works fine on 2.4. 

The only thing difference that I know is that I'm using a clone python enviro. 

14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Try this

Work with Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS Pro—Excel | ArcGIS Desktop 

not installed probably or not accessible from the clone (less likely)

TrevorGardner1
New Contributor

Has there been a solution for this found? Ive reinstalled the drivers 3 times with the same f"£&*g error message coming up and no useful information on how to solve it

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Given the age of this thread, it is probably good to provide some additional information about your situation, especially since the OP never stated what MS products were installed on machines.

So, what version of Pro are you using now?  What version of MS Office is installed (if any)?  What driver, specifically, are you installing/reinstalling?

0 Kudos
TrevorGardner1
New Contributor

Hi Josh,

Im running windows 10, the current version of arcGIS (the 64bit version on the current downloads page) and i am following the link to the microsoft 2016 Database tool that pops up in the error message

0 Kudos
AlexKweya
New Contributor III

I'm currently facing the same issue though I never had it before since I had already installed the driver. I've reinstalled it (numerous times) using the recommended ways yet I still receive the error.

Any success with the issue? I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.7 (2.7.3).

ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

same situation here!

SJeltema
New Contributor

I am having the same problem with ArcGIS Pro 2.8.2. I didn't have this problem before I installed the last update. I am not running a Python clone. I have tried other Excel files and even tried to import them into ArcGIS Online. Something must have gotten broken in this last update.

0 Kudos
SJeltema
New Contributor

And I did verify that the access 16 driver was installed. 

AlexKweya
New Contributor III

I gave up on the issue. I'm on ArcGIS Pro 2.8.2 too so I usually just import the Excel table into a geodatabase first before working with it.

0 Kudos