ERROR 999999 while generating DSM/DTM

01-08-2024 01:27 PM
tomkor
by
New Contributor II

I have a workstation with two Intel Xeon processors (28 physical cores/56 logical cores) and I have the same problem with DSM/DTM generation.

Generating Point Cloud (phase 2)...
Start Time: Monday, January 8, 2024 9:02:54 PM
Distributing operation across 28 parallel instances.
ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Failed to execute command. [GenerateDSM.exe]
Failed to execute (GeneratePointCloud).
Failed at Monday, January 8, 2024 9:05:32 PM (Elapsed Time: 2 minutes 38 seconds)

On another machine with one processor or the same machine when I limited in BIOS numbers of cores on each processors to ex. 8 (16 physical cores), everything is OK . DSM and DTM products are generated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

which tool options of GenerateDSM did you have that kicked that error out?

0 Kudos
tomkor
by
New Contributor II

I set default parameters. No matter what I set, it's always the same.

With 23 or less processes set in the Analysis->Environments settings no error. But with 24 or more physical cores error:

DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPUtilities::DisconnectDataLayer C:\Users\tomas\AppData\Local\Temp\ArcGISProTemp25380\Untitled\OrthoMapping\cxcx.eomw\Milestones\cxcx_rp.gdb\cxcx_Collection_adjfnl
Distributing operation across 24 parallel instances.
ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Failed to execute command. [GenerateDSM.exe]
DEBUG: GPEventTiming GPFunctionTool::Execute after function execute (elapsed time 137.939000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPFunctionTool::Execute (elapsed time 137.952000)
Failed at Monday, January 8, 2024 11:44:16 PM (Elapsed Time: 2 minutes 17 seconds)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming ProcessExecution Execution time 137.975000
DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPUtilities::TestForReconnectingOutputLayers for GeneratePointCloud_management
DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index 0
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index 0 (elapsed time 0.000000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index -10
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index -10 (elapsed time 0.000000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPUtilities::TestForReconnectingOutputLayers for GeneratePointCloud_management (elapsed time 0.027000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming ProcessExecution ProcessOutputs time (part of PostExecution time) 0.000000
Failed at Monday, January 8, 2024 11:44:17 PM (Elapsed Time: 2 minutes 18 seconds)

0 Kudos