Select to view content in your preferred language

ERROR 999999 underlying DBMS error Failed to execute SelectLayerByLocation

04-05-2021 02:06 PM
Labels (1)
KatieGodding
New Contributor III

I wrote a script, and when I run it, it fails at the same spot for me and my colleagues every time. Here is a screen shot of the error: 

selectbylocation_error.png

The script is working with features located in a SDE environment, and given the part of the error "Underlying DBMS error [ORA-25402: transaction must roll back]" I'm thinking it has something to do with trying to access that database?

Additionally, if I copy the line of code that includes the SelectLayerByLocation function and enter that into the python window manually, it works fine. I can run the rest of the script, and there are no issues. It's only when the script is run from the beginning that it fails.

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 is being used.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or insight with this function and errors with working with data in an SDE.

I attached images of the script itself.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KatieGodding
New Contributor III

To follow up:

Copying the data to a file geodatabase locally resolved the issue. 

I'm working from home over VPN and the data is hosted on my organizations servers. Have had some thoughts that it is VPN and the way Arc may be connecting to the sde data that could be throwing this error?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The wonderful world of working from home and using VPN....

By copying the data to a local fgdb it sounds like it's the sde/egdb that is the problem.  However, in an earlier post you mentioned you have view and edit connection files and using the view only made the problem go away. Does this application require edit privileges? Do all the users have the proper edit creds at the database level?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos