Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 999999: Export Features from an Route Event Layer

Jump to solution
07-04-2024 06:45 AM
mayettea
New Contributor

Hi! I have been slowly transitioning from ArcMap 10.8 to ArcPro and I have an ongoing GIS project. One of my steps is to Locate Features Along a Route. With ArcMap, I was able to then Make a Route Event Layer and export as a shapefile, but with ArcPro, I get an error message when I'm ready to export to a shapefile. 

The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.

Failed to execute (ExportFeatures).

I'm aware there are some of my Event points that have an empty geometry and it was never a problem with ArcMap to still export. Is there a way around this or do you suggest another way to save my Event Layer? In the future, I would like to be able to do all my geoprocessing in ArcPro and not have to use ArcMap for one step, especially considering it's going to be discontinued.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

query for the non-empty geometry records, then export since selections will be used and other records ignored . 

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

It would help if you could report this issue to Esri Support. Esri considers Error 999999 to be a bug and they strive to fix those issues in future releases.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

query for the non-empty geometry records, then export since selections will be used and other records ignored . 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mayettea
New Contributor

Thanks @DanPatterson for the suggestion. I did try that but it would tell me that it doesn't recognize the column name. I opened a case with Esri Support and it seems it might be a problem in the structure of the data before I get to this step. 

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

It would help if you could report this issue to Esri Support. Esri considers Error 999999 to be a bug and they strive to fix those issues in future releases.

0 Kudos
mayettea
New Contributor

I did contact Esri Support and I have now an open case, thanks!

0 Kudos