ERROR 160270: The relationship class is incompatible with an existing relationship class.

02-10-2022 06:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a relationship class(between line and point feature classess) that should be a composite relationship type and M:N cardinality. However, when the tool run, I am recieving the following error message:

ERROR 160270: The relationship class is incompatible with an existing relationship class.

I couldn't find any acknowledgement or work-around. Does anybody know the cause or the solution?

Thanks in advance

🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

It seems this is a very rare error message based upon this link.  One thing that comes to mind is do you already have a relationship class built upon the line and point feature class and are attempting to build a second on top of the existing relationship class?

0 Kudos
MaryDuBose
New Contributor III

Not sure if you are still having trouble with this, but for anyone else who comes across this post while searching this error message, I wanted to share what I found out.

I was receiving this Error 160270 while trying to add a second relationship class for a feature class within an ArcSDE database that already had a composite relationship class with that particular origin table. After doing a little research I found that it was because you can't have more than one composite relationship class with the same origin table. Changing it to a simple relationship class allows it to work.