Select to view content in your preferred language

error 00396 - Share Content to Portal

03-21-2024 12:04 PM
BelindaDow
New Contributor

Hello, I recently started a class in ArcGIS pro, I have Pro 3.2.2 installed. I am working with school provided data and tried to share content to portal. The lesson goes over the connecting to/share to portal. I selected share as web map and had two errors. I corrected one, on allowing assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers, but I do not understand how to fix the second, error 00396 The dataset version is later than is supported by your server. 

Is this something to do in the version it was created/shared by? 

Instructor said I would need to log into their portal to get the right outcome, but how is this fixed in a work situation. Can it be?

-Any information greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Logging in to their portal would probably reference a different server, and this server could be a compatible version to the dataset you're using to create the published service. If there are multiple portals to sign in to then the source/destination could affect the workflow. If there's only one portal to sign in to and publish to, then it sounds like some incompatibility with the server version the portal is using.

Hope that helps.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This page has a description of the error message and a few solutions to consider.

davedoesgis
Occasional Contributor III

I just ran into this on Pro 3.2 and Portal 11.1. I tried creating an FGDB in an older version (10.0 was the latest non-current version) and saving the feature class there. I still got the same error.

I didn't have any field types that matched those in that help doc, but there are a bunch of date fields in my feature class. I deleted all the date fields and it published to Portal just fine. That's not an acceptable solution, but at least I've narrowed it down a bit. For a temporary work-around, I created a text field to hold the date, calculated it like this, and then deleted the date field:

davedoesgis_0-1718918882420.png

I was then able to add a date field on the hosted feature layer, add it as a layer in Pro, and calculate the field based on the text value: 

davedoesgis_0-1718920636385.png

This is a lot of shenanigans, so not a good workflow, but I guess it technically works. I'll post an update if I figure anything out, but I need to switch gears at this point. 

0 Kudos