Select to view content in your preferred language

ERROR 000278: Field mapping error: field type invalid for output field Element and input field ZOrder

Jump to solution
01-11-2023 07:44 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm attempting to export street annotation to the project default.gdb. I have done this in the past with no hang-ups. I'm not sure what has changed, besides maybe updating to Pro 3.0. The error page doesn't reveal much. All it said is check the log files, but I'm only aware of looking at the messages in the History pane under the Analysis tab. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this?

I'm able to use the export features menu on another layer stored in the same *.sde with no problems.

Workflow: right click layer in Contents pane --> Data --> Export Features

EDIT: I've also created a new *.gdb in the same project folder and attempted to export the anno to it, but received the same error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I still don't know what's directly causing the error. But, I was also able to use the tool directly from the Conversion Tools toolbox. And as far as copy/paste goes it didn't seem to be an option?

JaredPilbeam2_0-1681402442456.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Two weeks later and I still can't export street annotation to fgdb.

A couple things I didn't mention are that I tried exporting both in layout and a map. And the layer shows up in the fgdb, but there is no annotation when I add it to the map.

In the Properties menu the Anntation Version is ArcGIS Pro 2.x. I wonder if this has anything to do with the error.

image976.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I get that error also, but am able to just r-click copy/paste into my new FGDB using the catalog pane.

R_

MariaGiarrusso
Occasional Contributor

Experiencing the same thing... trying to use Feature Class to Feature Class tool in a model to copy anno FCs to a file GDB using Pro 3.0.3. I can use catalog to import the FC manually which uses the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool.  But I cannot use that same Feature Class to Geodatabase tool in the model to accomplish the same thing (Pro 3.0.3). Get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\scripts\FeatureclassConversion.py", line 101, in <module>
    execute()
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\scripts\FeatureclassConversion.py", line 54, in execute
    output_list.append(ConversionUtils.GenerateOutputName(inFeatureClass, outWorkspace, uniqueName=False))
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\scripts\ConversionUtils.py", line 143, in GenerateOutputName
    raise ErrorDesc
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\scripts\ConversionUtils.py", line 60, in GenerateOutputName
    dsc = gp.Describe(inName)
OSError: "" does not exist
Failed script (null)...
Failed to execute (Feature Class To Geodatabase (2)).

Feature Class to Feature Class tool in a model works fine in Pro 2.9.5.

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I still don't know what's directly causing the error. But, I was also able to use the tool directly from the Conversion Tools toolbox. And as far as copy/paste goes it didn't seem to be an option?

JaredPilbeam2_0-1681402442456.png

0 Kudos