Select to view content in your preferred language

Enabling Network Topology Electric Utility Network Foundation Terminal issues

Jump to solution
03-08-2024 09:41 AM
Labels (2)
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

I have been trying to correct network errors on a pilot Utility Network model of my university's electric distribution  network. Lately I am creating more errors than I started with. I think the main issue is terminal configurations on switches. I think my network would probably work best with terminals only at the substation circuit breakers and distribution transformers. Switches in between should only open or close to electricity traveling in either direction. Is there a way to remove the terminals from the switches?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

Well I did end up finding a fix. I changed Asset Type to a simple "switch". I had set them as "Cabinet Switch" before which required electric lines connecting to the switch to use either the S1 or S2 terminals. I honestly don't know what is meant by the 2 terminals and the way they are names but converting it to simply be "switch" designates it as having only one terminal and then I could create topology rules to allow electric lines, like busbars, to connect to it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

Well I did end up finding a fix. I changed Asset Type to a simple "switch". I had set them as "Cabinet Switch" before which required electric lines connecting to the switch to use either the S1 or S2 terminals. I honestly don't know what is meant by the 2 terminals and the way they are names but converting it to simply be "switch" designates it as having only one terminal and then I could create topology rules to allow electric lines, like busbars, to connect to it.

0 Kudos