Editing a Feature Service in ArcPro

Jump to solution
11-19-2018 09:51 PM
FPCWAGIS_Admin
New Contributor III

Hi brains trust. I have heard that it is possible to edit a Feature Service hosted in ArcOnline using ArcPro? Can someone point me in the right direction of how to do this? Currently we edit FS layers in ArcMap (Make a Local Copy for Editing/Synchronise...) but are trying to migrate ourselves to ArcPro gradually. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it or find any clearly written material explaining the process. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FPCWAGIS_Admin
New Contributor III

Figured out the next bit too. After selecting the desired areas, right clicking and going "Copy", the "Paste" button in the "Edit" ribbon > "Clipboard" pane lights up. Clicking the little drop-down arrow gives you the option to "Paste Special".

Click this and set the Target Layer and check the "Keep source attribute values" option

NOTE: Because there is no Undo option, you also don't have to Save!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FPCWAGIS_Admin
New Contributor III

I have progressed! Once I had set the Feature Service to Editable in ArcOnline, it didn't refresh in ArcPro straight away. Closed down the project and started again. Now I can select features and delete them.

NOTE: There is no UNDO option!

Now, I'm trying to copy in new features from a local layer. I select the shapes, right click and select "Copy", but can't seem to Paste them into the AGOL layer - only back into the local layer. 

0 Kudos
FPCWAGIS_Admin
New Contributor III

Figured out the next bit too. After selecting the desired areas, right clicking and going "Copy", the "Paste" button in the "Edit" ribbon > "Clipboard" pane lights up. Clicking the little drop-down arrow gives you the option to "Paste Special".

Click this and set the Target Layer and check the "Keep source attribute values" option

NOTE: Because there is no Undo option, you also don't have to Save!

0 Kudos